Friday, May 03, 2013

No smoking?

Last night, we went to our Barangay Hall, we want to get our Barangay clearance so we inquired, we were informed that we should go there between 8 AM to 5 PM (it’s already past 7PM) the man whom we talk to is so courteous in fairness but one thing I notice is wrong. Outside the building, there is a big signage saying “SMOKING IS PROHIBITED” and inside the hall, you can see posters about how smoking is not good to your health…so you think that’s OK and GOOD right?

Well, two of the officers (I can very well say they are officers because they wear the same uniform and they are inside the Barangay hall) are SMOKING. Right there inside the hall. What the???

 So, does that mean, the posters and signage and warnings are for other people and not for Barangay Officers? I wanted to say right there and then that smoking is not allowed inside government facilities but I kept my mouth shut. (which I do regret now) I hope they don’t sell cigars there or do cigar auction because if that’s the case, then I know I have to do something about it.

Sigh. Government employees should be set the examples di ba? If they can not follow, they should take off those signs na lang. :)

2 comments:

  1. I live in California and you can't smoke anywhere almost. What a shame that the government folks are smoking. Shame on them.

    Have a terrific day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:57 PM

    It is right that smoking is not good for our health and the reason is that smoking contain many types of harmful chemical like tobacco. Tobacco smoking is not good for health as it causes cancer related harmful diseases. So it is better to quit smoking with the help of best4ecigs-electronic cigarette starter kit UK, because electronic cigarettes do not contain tobacco or not produce smoke so you can easily use it in any place where you want and at any time.

    ReplyDelete