Tuesday, September 23, 2014

DIY Letter Standee (paper mache)

Finally!! we have our internet back and at last I can now post this DIY project we did two weeks ago :)
This is for my friend's daughter who will be having her debut party on the 26th.

this is the finish product and this is how we did it

Thankful that aside from my husband , there is this girl in our church whom I can trust to do the lettering and cutting. These are big letters, probably size is 26 inches. I initially thought of a styropor material but I wanted a 3d type of letters, the usual material is wood and I know that is expensive so I thought of paper mache. Brilliant idea!! I had these cardboards and papers excess from last Christmas and that's what I used.

 cut the letter pattern first

 we put paper cups in between 2 letters
see those paper cups in the middle?
 started pasting strip of papers at the sides
 ready for painting

after the painting and the glitters :)
ready for display on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome. You did a great job. She'll be thrilled.

    I didn't know your Internet was down. Glad you have it back.

    Have a blessed day my friend. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee! It was hard work but we enjoyed doing it. Yes, internet was down for more than a week, so glad we had it finally back yesterday.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. pede po malaman if ano po font nong letters..salamat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper cups :) Nice one. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete