Sunday, November 20, 2011

Calories in a cup of rice

Here's another calorie counting post, forgive me but I've been reading a lot about nutrition facts and most likely I'll be posting about it from time to time.

Now, rice is a staple food for every Filipinos. We eat them from breakfast to dinner, and oh we eat more than a cup in every meal (aminin!!) So here's what you get in every cup of rice that you eat.



I cup of white rice, regular, long grain, cooked has :

Protein : 4.3
Carbohydrates : 44.5
Fat : 0.4
Calories : 205. 4

So if you eat 2 cups for each meal : 410,  and since we eat 3 x a day that makes 1,230 calories just for the rice alone!!

Oh well, as long as you are burning those calories..go on! enjoy your cup of rice!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, that's a lot of calories for just one dish. I too love rice though.

    Have a terrific day Rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete