Friday, May 17, 2013

Music and the wake

Slowly, life is getting back to normal though I know in my heart, life without my father will never be the same again. 

I was looking at the pictures during his wake last night (trying my best to hold back the tears) and I was surprised to see that many people came to pay their respect during his wake. 

Wake and burial is different in the province, from the third night to the last night, there was a group of people (singers actually-they call themselves “haranista” to which my father is a member of - and they are very popular in Nueva Ecija because it originated from there ) one group per night comes to the wake and each member sings a song specially dedicated to the bereaved family. They even have complete music instruments (guitars and even drum set). Certainly they don't have the best vocopro but they all sing well naman.

And admittedly, they provided comfort during that time.

It's been 13 days and I can still feel the pain but don't worry as I have said, life is slowly getting back to its "new normal" and I'm sure it will get better everyday.

1 comment:

  1. You will always miss his for the rest of your life. It becomes less painful, but you will always miss him. Remember the good things about him. That will make you smile.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete