Look at this figures..
- Pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc., - 8,000 jobs
- Sprint Nextel Corp – 8,000
- Home Depot Inc.,- 7,000 jobs,
- General Motors Corp. 2,000 jobs
- Caterpillar Inc.,-nearly 20,000 job cuts
- Texas Instruments Inc.,- 3,400 jobs
- Brooks Automation Inc. 350 jobs,
- Oilfield services provider Halliburton Co. said it will eliminate jobs in markets particularly hard hit by the recession, though it didn't provide details.
- Schlumberger Ltd. - 5,000 jobs
- Microsoft Corp. - 5,000 jobs over the next 18 months.
- Intel Corp. -6,000 manufacturing jobs.
- United Airlines parent UAL Corp. - 1,000 jobs, on top of 1,500 axed late last year.
and they even said "We're just seeing the tip of the iceberg".
God bless America. God bless the world.
source: yahoo news